About Pre-Matric scholarship for Minority students of Uttar Pradesh:
Pre-Matric Scholarship is provided for school students of class 1 to 10 belonging to the minority group to encourage young children to continue with their education in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Announce in 2006 under the Prime Minister’s 15 point program for the welfare of minorities in the country, the scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the Government of India.
The main objective of the Pre-Matric Scholarship scheme is to instill in young minds, the need to acquire education so that they can empower themselves in the competitive field of employment by providing them financial help.
Important Guidelines of Pre-Matric Scholarship:
The list of important guidelines for students who wish to avail Pre-Matric Scholarship is available on the official website of the Ministry of Minority affairs.
Under the guideline, 30% of the scholarships are reserved for the girl children belonging to the minority groups enlisted in the Constitution of India. In case of non-availability of adequate girl candidates in the minority group of a region, the amount is transferrable to children of the other genders.
If the amount initially meant for a minority group of a region is not utilized to the fullest, the said amount will be distributed among the same minority group in some other region. Pre-Matric Scholarship once awarded can be renewed in the following academic session given the candidate secures an aggregate mark of 50% in the last examination. The applications will be assigned to different institutions for evaluation purposes.
Eligibility Criteria for Pre-Matric Scholarship
The applicant of Pre-Matric Scholarship should be students of classes 1 to 10 and should belong to the scheduled minority groups under the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 which includes Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) A total amount of 30 lakh is to be distributed among the these groups as “fresh scholarships” among the states and union Territories based on the population of the following groups in each according to the census date.
The students should have secured at least 50% marks in their last qualifying examination.
The total income of the candidate’s parent or guardians should be less than 1 lakh per annum from all sources.
The students and their parents should be permanent residents of the state or union territories under which they apply for the scholarship.
How to apply for this?
Application for Pre-Matric Scholarship is only accepted through the online National Scholarship Portal available at www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Enter the given portal and carefully read the guidelines and undertakings before clicking on the “continue” button. Fill up the given form duly and provide the bank details, adhaar and bank account number and submit. Enter mobile number to generate OTP for verification process. On entering the OTP, an application id and password will be generated for future references. Credentials once submitted cannot be changed.
- The following documents will be required to apply for the scholarship-
Educational document of the student
- Candidates’ bank details and IFSC code of the branch (parents/guardians can provide the details of their bank account if the candidates do not have their own bank account)
Adhaar number of the student and in case the student do not have their Adhaar card, a student certificate from the institution can also be provided.
- Adhaar enrolment id or a scanned copy of passbook
- Student’s certificate from the institution (if the domicile state of applicant is different from the state where he/she studies in)
Date of announcement of Pre-Matric Scholarship- 16th August 2020
Closing date for Pre-Matric Scholarship- 31st October 2020
Last date for defect verification- 15th November 2020
Last date for institution verification- 15th November 2020.
Keep Reading Articles at https://90xtra.com/
Follow us on Telegram https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFkozVqsn6t8pWzvpw