About UGC NET 2020
UGC NET is the abbreviated form for University Grants Commission National Testing Agency. This is a national-level examination procedure that is used to test candidates for Assistant Professorship and Junior Research Fellowship in Universities and Colleges all over India.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was in charge of conducting NET on behalf of UGC until June 2018. As of now, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over the reins since December 2018, and have been conducting the UGC NET instead of CBSE. The UGC NET 2020 exam is being conducted from September 24 to November 13.
UGC NET Eligibility 2020
The basic criteria that candidates must fulfill to meet UGC NET eligibility 2020 are:
- Candidates should have secured at least 55 percent Aggregate marks in their post-graduation.
- Applicants are required to be under 30 years of age in order to be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship.
- However, there are no age restrictions in applying for the post of Assistant Professorship.
- Reserved category candidates are given a relaxation of five percent in the educational qualification while applying for UGC NET.
- Also, reserved category candidates enjoy a relaxation of five years in age criteria while applying for NTA conducted UGC NET.
- Candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 1, 2002, are exempted from taking the UGC NET 2020 exam.
Syllabus For UGC NET 2020
UGC NET being an examination for teaching and research faculty focuses on all aspects of a given field. The questions are spread all over the subject’s corners and the scope only begins from textbooks.
Candidates will require to concentrate on:
- Previous Years’ Question Papers
- Multiple thorough readings of suggested guide books
- Plenty of practice on model test papers
- Comprehensive knowledge about current affairs
Important UGC NET 2020 Dates
Notification: March 16th, 2020.
UGC NET 2020 notification was released by NTA on March 16.
Application form: 16th March 2020 to 30th June 2020 (revised)
The UGC NET 2020 application form submission deadline was extended for the fourth time on 30th June 2020. UGC NET 2020 online form was released on March 16.
Last date for successful transaction of admission fee: June 30th till 11:50 PM.
General Category – Rs. 1000/-
OBC-NCL Category – Rs. 500/-
SC/ST/PwD Category – Rs. 250/-
Application form correction window: 6th July 2020 to 20th July 2020
UGC NET application correction facility was extended till July 20, 2020. Earlier, the UGC NET application correction window was to close on July 15, 2020.
UGC NET Exam Dates and Schedules (Revisioned)
24-Sep-2020 to 25-Sep-2020,
29-Sep-2020 to 30-Sep-2020,
04-Nov-2020 to 05-Nov-2020,
11-Nov-2020 to 13-Nov-2020
Revised NTA UGC NET 2020 exam dates have been announced. The exam will be held on different dates in September, October, and November. Earlier, the exam was scheduled to be held from September 16-18 and September 21-25. Prior to that, it was to be held from June 15-20.
However, with the advent of the coronavirus pandemic schedules went awry and had to be revised. Even after setting tentative dates, NTA had to keep postponing the dates due to the lockdown situation and lack of accessibility for applying candidates. Finally, after a prolonged wait, definite dates were announced and the exams are accordingly being held.
How To Download Admit Cards For UGC NET 2020
To download the admit card for UGC NET 2020, candidates may follow the guidelines listed below and obtain the required card for being admitted to the entrance:
Visit the official website of UGC NET: ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Click on the “Download Admit Card” tab/button.
Enter your details as asked by the UGC NET portal:
- Your Application number has obtained while applying for UGC NET 2020.
- Your Date of Birth as specified in your birth certificate and as entered previously for personal details.
- The security pin as visible on the screen.
Click on the “Submit” button.
View, download, and print your UGC NET admit card. Produce it at the examination center to be allowed entrance and examination.
Details mentioned in the NTA UGC NET 2020 admit card:
- Roll number
- Application number
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Whether a candidate is with disability (PwD)
Exam & Exam Centre Details
- Exam date.
- Exam shift and time.
- The exact address of the UGC NET exam center allotted to the candidate.
- Reporting time at the center.
- NET subject applied for by the candidate.
- Gate closing time of center.
- Exam day instructions.