About JMI BA LLB
Jamia Milia Islamia offers a 5 year undergraduate BA LLB course for students who want to pursue law as a career option. Students must have passed 10+2 examinations before applying for JMI BA LLB.
Conducting body: Jamia Millia Islamia University
Mode of exam: Offline
Official website: jmi.ac.in
Duration of exam: 120 minutes
Exam category: National level
JMI BA LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized Board with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- General category candidates must not be more than 20 years while reserved category candidates such as SC, ST, OBC must not be more 22 years till July 1, 2020.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category can acquire seats under the reserved category quota.
Muslim applicants: 30%
Muslim women applicants: 10%
Muslim OBC/ST applicants: 10%
Applicants with disabilities: 3%
Internal (Jamia Millia) students: 5%
Kashmiri migrants: 1 seat
Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir: 1 seat
Foreign candidates (general): 10%
ICCR sponsored candidates: 5%
NRI students: 5%
Foreign passport holding student: 10%
JMI BA LLB 2020 Exam Pattern
JMI BA LLB 2020 will comprise five sections. The questions asked from each section differ and hence the weightage may vary. The question paper of JMI BA LLB 2020 will encompass questions from the 10+2 level.
- There are 150 multiple choice questions which must be attempted in 2 hours’ time.
- Applying candidates will have to attempt JMI BA LLB 2020 in the English language only.
- The candidates shall be tested on the basis of subjects such as Legal language English including Comprehension, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude/Legal Reasoning, General Studies, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
- Each question will carry 1 mark while negative marking is also applicable in this exam.
Name of Subject Number of Questions Marks
Legal language English 30 30
General Knowledge and Current Affairs 30 30
Legal Aptitude / Legal Reasoning 40 40
General Studies 40 40
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 10 10
JMI BA LLB 2020 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme for JMI BA LLB 2020 is as follows:
- Each correct answer carries one mark.
- And there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- There will be no marks allotted or deducted for an unanswered question.
JMI BA LLB 2020 Important Dates
It is important to know the scheduled dates related to the examination so that candidates may apply and appear on time. Note that these are tentative dates and are subject to change.
Online Registration Start: 21 February 2020
Online Registration Last Date: 14 September 2020
Issue of Admit Card: 5 October 2020
Date of Exam: 10 October 2020
JMI BA LLB 2020 Syllabus
Legal Language English Including Comprehension
- Grammar and sentence correction
- Idiom phrases
- Sentence improvement
- Common errors
- Reading comprehension
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Last 3 to 4 months of Current Affairs
- BRICS summit
- ASIA summit
- G20 SUMMIT
- Noble prizes
- Amendment in FDI policy
- Under 17 FIFA world cup
- World Yoga Day
- China Pakistan Corridor
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning
- Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure
- Legal Principle relating to Laws of Contracts
- Legal Principle relating to Laws of Crimes
- Legal Principle relating to Laws of Family
- General Principle of Law
- Logical Sequencing
- Visual and non-verbal reasoning
- Indian Polity
- Social science
- General science
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
- Profit and loss
- Compound interest
- Simple interest
- Ratio and proportion
- Simple equation
- Time and distance
- Numbers and series
JMI BA LLB 2020 Reference Books List
There are basically three main subjects used in JMI BA LLB 2020 i.e. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry which will need to be rigorously followed for the preparation of the entrance exam.
SUBJECT BOOK NAME AUTHOR
1.Legal Language English Including Comprehension General English Lucents
2.General Knowledge and Current Affairs Current Affairs Disha
3.Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal RS Agarwal
4.General Studies Universal Guide to LLB SS Guide
5.Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) Quantitative Aptitude RS Agarwal
All The Best!