The XAT is short for Xavier Aptitude Test which is the second-largest MBA Entrance Exam after CAT. In general, XLRI conducts the XAT entrance exam on behalf of XAMI. Further, all India levels conduct this university level examination in order to select the aspirants for admission in management education. This means that XAT helps in offering admission to some of the top B-schools in the whole country.
Besides, the XLRI Jamshedpur started the application for XAT 2021 since the 12th of September 2020. Also, both XLRI Jamshedpur and XLRI Delhi campuses accept XAT applications.
Application Form of XAT 2021
Sooner, the XAT 2021 application form will be available on the scheduled date in the official website. Therefore, the interested candidates are able to apply for the XAT exam by signing up and logging in on the official website. On that account, aspirants are advised to check the XAT 2021 registration application process.
- First, visit the official website on xatonline.in
- Second, create a new account on the official website.
- Third, click on the login ID and use the phone number and email ID.
- Fourth, the website will share a unique XAT ID along with a registration link to the registered email.
- Fifth, use the XAT ID in order to log in and fill the online application form.
- Sixth, upload a scanned photograph along with a signature in the prescribed dimension. In addition, enter all the necessary relevant details.
- Seventh, you should always review the application form before moving to the fee payment.
- Last, make fee payment via debit card, credit card, or net banking to finish the XAT registration process for 2021.
Notably, the fee for the XAT 2021 application form has been increased to Rs. 1750.
XAT 2021 Admit Card
After the application process, the aspirants will get the XAT to admit card for the year 2021 through the online mode. On that note, the admit card 2021 will be released on December 20, 2020. Also, the candidates should print out the admit card and keep the hard copy until the website declares the results. One main reason for that is the aspirants must bring the printout of the admit card on the examination day along with the original photo ID as a proof.
XAT 2021 Exam Dates
Recently, the official website displayed the important exam dates of XAT 2021 as follows:
- Start of Online Registrations: 12 September 2020
- The end of online Registrations: 30 November 2020
- Date to download the Admit card: 20 December 2020
- XAT 2021 exam date: 03 January 2021
- Release date of XAT 2021 answers key: the second week of January 2021
- The announcement date of XAT 2021 results: the second week of January 2021
XAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Of course, like every year, the candidates conduct the XAT exam in an online mode with a duration of 180 minutes. To be precise, there are four sections of the exam; namely, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, and General Knowledge. Particularly, the candidates have to solve 99 MCQ format questions in the English language. Also, the number of answer choices in these MCQs is 4, whereas the total marks of the XAT exam are 100.
As for the XAT Marking scheme, the corrections are as follows: +1 mark for each accurate answer but – 0.25 marks for each inaccurate answer. In addition, 0.10 marks will be subtracted for more than 8 blank answers. Nonetheless, there is no negative marking in the general knowledge section.
The Eligibility Criteria for XAT 2021
- As an educational qualification, aspirants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent from a recognized university. Additionally, the students who are currently in their final year of Bachelor’s or are waiting for their results are eligible to apply as well.
- Concerning the age limit, there is none nor a minimum aggregate cut-off for the XAT entrance exam application.
- Notably, the NRI aspirants can apply through GMAT.
XAT 2021 Syllabus and Topics
Obviously, the XAT syllabus covers all the topics of the four mentioned above sections. As a result, we presented key points that candidates must check in regards to XAT syllabus 2021 down below:
- Verbal and Logical Ability: there are 26 questions in this section which include topics like RC, CR, FIB, Poem, Antonyms, Analogy, and Para jumble.
- Decision Making: there are 22 questions in this section that are situation-based.
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: there are 27 questions in this section which involve Algebra, Arithmetic, Co-ordinate Geometry, Time Zone, Data Sufficiency, and Mixed Graph.
- General Knowledge: there are 25 questions in this section that include topics like Geography, History, Current Affairs, Economy and Business, Science and Technology, Personality, and Awards.