Description of RBI Assistant 2021
RBI is short for Reserve Bank of India which examines various posts each year. In particular, it conducts the RBI Assistant exam to recruit aspirants for the Assistant offices to its many branches all over the country. Further, this is a national level recruitment process; therefore, applications from all sections of the country are invited.
Moreover, this exam welcomes thousands of students across India who will be present appear with preparation. Notably, RBI has 4 zonal offices (in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, and Mumbai), 19 offices, and 10 the sub-offices in the country. Every year, RBI recruitment selects candidates based on merit and posts them to regional, zonal, or sub-offices. In addition, it should be noted that there are 926 Assistant Posts in regards to the offered vacancies.
For 2021, RBI posted notifications concerning the important dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus and subjects, and more. Without any delay, here is everything you need to know before applying for the RBI assistant jobs in 2021.
RBI Assistant 2021: Important Dates
Recently, RBI highlighted important dates for the RBI assistant exam of the year 2021 as follows:
- Notification release date: the 1st week of December 2020.
- Application Form release date: the 1st week of December 2020.
- Closing of the Application form: the 3rd week of January 2021.
- The pre-exam Admit card date: February 2021.
- Pre Exam date: the 3rd week of February 2021.
- Pre Exam result release date: February to March 2021.
- The date of the admit card for the main exam: March 2021.
- Main Exam date: March 2021.
- Main exam result release date: April 2021.
Especially, the RBI Assistant 2021 examination will have three phases of selection according to new guidelines. Firstly, a Preliminary test. Then, the qualified aspirants will appear for the second round. After that, they will sit for an interview.
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2021
Undoubtedly, applicants should prepare beforehand in order to do well in the examination. Henceforth, the syllabus and concerned subjects for the RBI Assistant 2021 examination include:
- General Awareness: History, Current Event, Politics, Science, Environment, and Sports.
- Reasoning: Coding and Decoding, Analogy, Number Series, Puzzle, Blood Relation, Direction Sense, Sitting Arrangement, Classification, and so on.
- Numerical Ability: Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Work and Wages, Time and Distance, Simplification, Permutation and Combination, Quadratic Equation, Problem solution on Ages, Boats, and Streams, Train, etc.
- English Language: Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Word meaning, Spotting Error, Sentence Rearrangement, Word Substitution, English Grammar, One Cloze Test, and many more.
- Computer Knowledge: History of Computers, Computer Architecture, Computer Languages, MS Office, and Basic Hardware and Software Knowledge.
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Assistant 2021
To begin with, candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Second, they should have knowledge of computers and proficiency in the regional language of both state and union territory.
Third, concerning the age limit, the lower age limit is 20 years whereas the upper age limit is 28 years. Nonetheless, the applicants in the reserved category will be able to uncover the age relaxation benefits in the upper limit. Lastly, the application fee varies as follows:
- Rs. 50 for SC/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen/ ST
- For OBC/ Gen: Rs. 450
- Nevertheless, RBI staff are exempted from making payment of application fee.
Table of the Age Relaxation for RBI Assistant 2021
As per age relaxation, it varies from a category to another. As a result, we presented them in the table below for better visualization.
|3 years||OBC and candidates who have working experience in RBI.|
|5 years||Ex-Servicemen (to the extent given by Armed Forces), SC/ST, and citizens of Kashmir and Jammu and province of India.|
|10 years||General Candidates’ PWD and Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and not re-married or widows.|
|13 years||PWD in the OBC category.|
|15 years||PWD in the SC /ST category.|
Last but not least, if you are a candidate who is both eligible and interested, you need to check the official website on rbi.org.in