As a start, it is short for All India Institute of Medical Sciences which is well-known as AIIMS. In general, this is a collective group of autonomous, public medical colleges in the country. Further, AIIMS colleges strive to provide the highest quality of medical education to many aspirants across the nation. In fact, the AIIMS colleges in India are considered as the top-ranked medical institutes all over the country.
As a result, they are a very desired destination for any aspirant wishing to enter the medical field. In addition, the colleges affiliated to AIIMS have been tagged as ‘Institutes of National Importance’ by a parliament act.
List of AIIMS Colleges in India 2020
At present, AIIMS is still working to make education finer, more feasible, and at the price range for most students. On that account, the number of the organization’s institutes is spreading at several places in the nation. Therefore, each candidate gets a fair chance to pursue their dream field. Without further ado, here is the list along with all the details you should know about the AIIMS institutes in India:
- First, AIIMS Delhi (New Delhi) which is established in 1956 and ranked as number 1 according to NIRF.
- Second, AIIMS Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) established in 2012 and ranked second in NIRF.
- Third, AIIMS Bhubaneswar (Odisha) established in 2012 and it is NIRF Rank 3.
- Fourth, AIIMS Jodhpur (Rajasthan) established in 2012 and ranked the fourth according to NIRF.
- Fifth, AIIMS Patna (Bihar) established in 2012 and ranked the 5th in NIRF.
- Sixth, AIIMS Raipur (Chhattisgarh) established in 2012 and ranked the sixth in NIRF.
- Seventh, AIIMS Rishikesh (Uttrakhand) established in 2012 and ranked as number 7 according to NIRF.
- Eighth, AIIMS Mangalagiri (Uttar Pradesh) established in 2018.
- Ninth, AIIMS Nagpur (Maharashtra) established in 2018.
- Tenth, AIIMS Bathinda (Punjab) established in 2019.
- Eleventh, AIIMS Deogarh (Jharkhand) established in 2019.
- Twelfth, AIIMS Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh) established in 2019.
- Thirteenth, AIIMS Kalyani (West Bengal) established in 2019.
- Fourteenth, AIIMS Rae Bareli (Uttar Pradesh) established in 2013.
- Lastly, AIIMS Telangana (Telangana) established in 2019.
The AIIMS in India Fee Structure
Moreover, the AIIMS courses in India divide the fee structure into two. First, the Academic Fee for MBBS which is a total of Rs. 1,628. Second, the Academic Fee for MD/MS/MDS which costs a total of Rs. 1,927. Primarily, these fees include tuition, registration, laboratory, electricity, pot money, and more.
AIIMS in India 2020: Courses
Not only does the AIIMS in India offers several courses in medicine but also multiple ones in its allied fields. Therefore, these can be classified into undergraduate, postgraduate, and super-specialization. In addition, AIIMS in India offers many Doctoral programs or Ph.D. in a variety of disciplines. On the whole, here is the list of AIIMS courses in India courses:
- Undergraduate Courses which include MBBS, B.Sc Nursing (Hons/ Post basic), Bachelor of Optometry, and B.Sc (Hons) in Medical Technology and Radiography.
- Postgraduate Courses include MD, MS, MDS, M Sc, MSc Nursing, and M Biotech.
- Super-specialization involves DM, MCh, and a Fellowship Program.
The Admission Process to AIIMS in India 2020
Notably, the admission process to the AIIMS courses in India is usually through an entrance test only. As a matter of fact, the institutes have a specific examination section that serves as a competent authority for managing these entrance tests and their respective counseling sessions. Henceforth, we presented each course and its entrance test in the following:
- MBBS: NEET.
- Six years of MD /MS /MDS / DM/ MCh: AIIMS PG Exam.
- Sc Nursing (Hons/ Post Basic)/ B.Sc in Medical Technology and Radiography (Hons)/ Bachelor of Optometry: Entrance Exam of AIIMS B. Sc Courses.
- M Sc/ M Sc Nursing/ M Biotech: Entrance Examination of AIIMS M Sc Courses.
- MCh (3 years)/ DM/ MD (Hospital Administration): AIIMS Post-Graduate and Post-Doctoral Courses Entrance Exam.