Overview of KTET Exam 2021
Firstly, it is short for Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test which is Kerala’s teacher certification exam. To be precise, the office of the Commissioner for Government Examinations conducts this exam twice a year in order to shortlist aspirants. Further, the latter must possess adequate skills in order to teach in either Lower Primary, Upper Primary, or High School classes in Kerala. This means that it certifies eligible candidates to teach in primary and high school levels as well as language subjects.
Furthermore, KTET has the mentioned four categories in which the exam is conducted. Moreover, the organization process of the KTET exam is entrusted with Pareeksha Bhavan, Kerala. In fact, the KTET exam follows the guidelines laid down by Kerala’s State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT).
In addition, there are certain regulations put forth by the National Council for Teacher Education, Government of Kerala. Above all, the qualified teachers are offered a salary Rs. 4,600 to 31,500 per month. However, it varies from a post to another.
Important Dates of KTET Exam 2021
Initially, online registration for the KTET exam 2021 will open for 1 week where aspirants must fill the application form before the deadline. Therefore, the candidates are advised to keep checking for the updates dates regularly to appear for the examination.
Besides, the website always updates the schedule for the KTET 2021 as it still did not release the official notification for the upcoming exam yet. Nonetheless, the tentative dates for the first exam of KTET 2021 are presented below:
- Start of KTET online registration date/ date of notification: January 9, 2021.
- Last date of KTET online application submission: January 16, 2021.
- Release date of KTET Admit Card 2021: February 7, 2021.
- KTET entrance Exam Date: February 13, 2021, and February 14, 2021.
- Date of Result Declaration of KTET: July 2021.
Syllabus and Subjects for KTET Exam 2021
Further, the syllabus and subjects for the KTET exam of the year 2021 are divided into 5 categories as usual. To demonstrate, they are as follows:
First Category Subjects: Language I Kannada/Tamil/Malayalam, Language II English/Arabic, Child Development and Pedagogy, Mathematics, Environmental Studies.
Second Category Subjects: Language I Kannada/ Tamil/Malayalam, Language II English/Arabic, Child Development & Pedagogy, Mathematics and Science, Social Studies.
Third Category Subjects: Language Kannada/ Tamil/Malayalam/English, Mathematics/Science, Adolescent Psychology, Content/Pedagogy (subject-specific areas), Theories of Learning, and Teaching Aptitude.
Fourth Category Subjects: Language Kannada/Tamil /Malayalam/English, Child Development & Pedagogy, Content/Pedagogy (subject-specific areas), Teaching Aptitude.
KTET Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
|Category I (Lower Primary)||Candidate should have:
1. A qualified Higher Secondary or it’s equivalent with at least 45% marks and a 2-year Trained Teacher’s Certificate by the Kerala Board of Examination. Or,
2. Minimum of 45% marks in a qualified higher secondary. In addition, a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education in agreement with Recognition Norms and Procedure (NCTE) Rules and Regulations, 2002. Or,
3. A qualified Higher Secondary with at least 50% marks and a four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). Or,
4. Minimum of 50% marks in a qualified higher secondary and a 2-year Diploma in Special Education.
|Category II (Upper Primary)||Candidates should have:
1. BA/BSc/Bcom along with a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers Certificate (TTC) or its equivalent. In particular, it should be conducted by the Kerala government, Board of Examination. Or,
2. Minimum 40% marks in BA/BSc/Bcom and 1-year Bachelor in Education in accordance with NCTE regulations. Or,
3. Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary (or an equivalent) with at least 50% marks and four-year BEIED. Or,
4. At least 50% marks in Higher Secondary or its equivalent and 4-years BSc. Ed or BA/BSc Ed or BA Ed.
|Category III (High School)||Candidates should have:
1. A minimum of 45% marks in a B.Ed and BA/B.Sc/B.Com in certain subjects from Kerala universities or an equivalent. Or,
2. M.Sc.Ed degree in the concerned subjects such as Maths, Physics, Botany, Chemistry, and Zoology. In addition, a minimum of 50% marks in a degree from regional institutes sponsored by NCERT.
3. A BA degree with at least 45% marks along with LTTC.
|Category IV||Candidates should be:
In conclusion, if you want more details on the KTET 2021 exam, you can visit the official website at ktet.kerala.gov.in