Description of James Stewart Calculus 8th Edition
James Stewart’s Calculus 8th International Edition textbooks are the best-sellers due to their accuracy, clarity, and relevancy. As a matter of fact, they offer real-world relevant examples which is one of the many reasons for their quick sells. Moreover, the author James Stewart focuses on conveying the calculus used to assist the learners in building their technical competencies. In addition, he offers an inherent appreciation of the subject’s beauty.
On that account, not only does his built-in aids of learning and patient examples help users to build their mathematical confidence, but also to achieve the course goals. Therefore, without further ado, here is everything learners need to know before downloading the 8th edition PDF.
James Stewart Calculus 8th Edition Details
- Author: James Stewart
- Publisher: Brooks Cole; 8th Edition
- File Name: Calculus: Early Transcendentals, Eighth Edition
- Publication Date: 25 August 2015
- File Length: 1368 pages
- File Size: 105 MB
- Language: English
- Format: PDF
- ISBN-10: 1305272374, 1285879112
- ISBN-13: 9781305756281, 9788131521052
James Stewart Calculus 8th Edition Table of Content:
On the whole, the book has 17 chapters, each containing learning resources along with examples and exercises. To demonstrate, the chapters are as follows:
- 1st chapter entitled Functions and Models
- 2nd chapter entitled Limits and Derivatives
- 3rd chapter entitled Differentiation Rules
- 4th chapter entitled Applications of Differentiation
- 5th chapter entitled Integrals
- 6th chapter entitled Applications of Integration
- 7th chapter entitled Techniques of Integration
- 8th chapter entitled Further Applications of Integration
- 9th chapter entitled Differential Equations
- 10th chapter entitled Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates
- 11th chapter entitled Infinite Sequences and Series
- 12th chapter entitled Vectors and the Geometry of Space
- 13th chapter entitled Vector Functions
- 14th chapter entitled Partial Derivatives
- 15th chapter entitled Multiple Integrals
- 16th chapter entitled Vector Calculus
- 17th chapter entitled Second-Order Differential Equations
Dr. James Stewart was a Canadian mathematician who had his master of science from Stanford University. Then, he received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Toronto. Most importantly, Dr. Stewart is popularly known for his calculus textbooks series which are used at all course levels. Furthermore, he worked in the harmonic and functional analysis where he was a professor of mathematics at London University.
Because of the famous mathematician George Polya at Stanford University, Stewart was influenced when doing his research. Undoubtedly, he managed to publish many bestsellers among which Calculus: Early Transcendentals and Calculus: Concepts and Contexts.
Unfortunately, in 2013, he was diagnosed with blood cancer and he died at the age of 73 in December 2014.
James Stewart Calculus 8th Edition Features
The 8th edition of Calculus was designed for a calculus course of three semesters for both science and math majors. In general, Calculus provides teachers and learners with new innovative teaching and learning resources. Besides, the enhanced WebAssign of this textbook attracts the students and gives them immediate feedback along with tutorial videos of the content. Additionally, it includes interactive questions and a completely customizable eBook.
Notably, the main features of the book include Conceptual Exercises, Graded Exercise Sets, Real-World Data, Projects, Problem Solving, Technology, Tools for Enriching Calculus, and Enhanced WebAssign.
In particular, the WebAssign enhancement has several characteristics that benefit the learners; namely:
- Course Packs with assignments built by subject matter experts to save students time and meet teachers’ goals.
- Read It Link under questions that allows learners to jump to the corresponding section and highlight or take notes while reading.
- Watch It links that offer a step-by-step tutorial instruction videos that are ideal for visual students. Also, there are lecture videos available as a textbook resource
- Detailed solutions for every question available for practice. In addition, the questions contain feedback designed to aid learners and guide them to accurate answers.
What is New in the 8th Edition?
Certainly, the new edition includes many improvements that the author incorporated. For instance:
- Updated data in examples and exercises to be more timely.
- New examples and solutions have been added and amplified.
- The increase in exercises with more than 20% in each chapter is new. Also, there are a few new Problems Plus.
- Three new projects added in the book; namely, Controlling Red Blood Cell Loss During Surgery, Planes, and Birds: Minimizing Energy, and The Speedo LZR Racer.