About Calculus Early Transcendentals 8th Edition
Calculus is a thrilling subject and considered to be one of the greatest creations of the human intellect ever. The edition was written by James Stewart and widely famous for its mathematical precision and accuracy, transparency of presentation, and wonderful examples and problem sets regarding the math subjects. This book has a history of helping an enormous number of students around the world.
About the Author: James Stewart
James Stewart was a Canadian mathematician, violinist, and professor emeritus of mathematics at McMaster University. He was born on March 29th, 1941, and died on December 3rd, 2014, aged 73 with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer. He had written more than 35 books regarding any kind of topics in mathematics.
He was best known for his work in harmonic analysis, functional analysis, calculus textbooks, and integral house, and one of his most well-known books is calculus early transcendentals. After his death, in 2015, he was honored with the award Meritorious Service Cross.
Why Calculus Early Transcendentals 8th Edition by James Stewart is the best one to go for?
- The 8th edition will give data on examples and exercises which have been revised to be more favorable.
- Compared to previous editions, new examples have been added along with the additional clearance to the old examples.
- In the 8th edition, three new projects have been added:
- Controlling red blood cell loss during surgery describes the ANH procedure, in which the blood is extracted from the patient before an operation and replaced by a saline solution. This is equipped to dilute the blood of the patient in order only a few red blood cells are lost during the surgery time.
- Planes and birds: minimizing energy, tells about how the birds can minimize power and energy by flapping their wings versus gliding.
- The speedo LZR racer, able to illustrate how a suit diminishes drag in the water as a result many swimming records were broken. As students have asked why a small decrease in drag can have a big effect on performance.
- For chapter 15, multiple integrals, the author had combined the first two sections so that iterated integrals are treated first.
- For each chapter, more than 20% of the exercises are introduced newly.
What’s new in this edition of Calculus Early Transcendentals 8th Edition by James Stewart?
- Conceptual examples and exercises: To make the learners understand in a better way, the author had set the exercises with the meaning of basic concepts of the section. Whereas some exercises begin with a concept check, true or false quiz, and tests that enable conceptual understanding through graphs or tables in order to make it in an intriguing manner. While another set of exercises use verbal description to test the conceptual understanding of the students by combining and comparing graphical, numerical, and algebraic approaches.
- They have ranked exercise sets ranging from fundamental conceptual exercises and skill-development problems to more problematic problems involving applications and proofs.
- The book consists of problems and answers related to real-world data.
- Problem-solving helps the students to solve the questions relying on the principles and ideas related to the topic.
- As we all know, technology can make it less difficult to understand the idea in an easier way. So the book introduced icons and symbols which allow the student to know when to use graphing calculators and computers in order to understand the concepts very effortlessly.
- This book enables the students to think logically by providing questions with step-by-step explanatory sentences, hints on how to solve a problem, and so on.
- Tools for enriching calculus TEC acts as a companion to the text and can be accessed in the eBook through enhanced WebAssign and CourseMate as it directs the students to modules in which they can explore things of calculus for which the technology is especially applicable.
Why Students love Calculus Early Transcendentals 8th Edition by James Stewart?
Don’t worry about the size or weight of the book, all you need is a pen, paper, a calculator to work out the problems. I recommend the students to read and understand line by line of the text before undertaking the exercise. You can do anything you want when you’re confident. Analyze the problem properly and try to get the answer by yourself without looking for tips and tricks. This book is a really useful one which makes you understand specific details of any part related to calculus.